Part-time faculty are invited to participate in any programming or services sponsored by the Teaching Commons. The following resources are designed specifically for part-time faculty.
The “Connecting and Reconnecting” session for part-time faculty was initiated in 2012 upon the recommendation of several part-time faculty. The purpose of this session is to share important information about Carthage, the liberal arts tradition, and important resources for students and faculty with part-time faculty who are often on campus only in the evening or on weekends.
Those who attend will learn the following:
- What Carthage’s identity and mission as a liberal arts college means for its faculty, staff, and students.
- How you can help a student with special learning or emotional needs get the support they need to be successful.
- How to use our E-Learning course management system, including recently added tools.
- How to submit an early alert to the Center for Student Success if a student in your class is not being successful, or if you have other concerns.
- How your students can utilize the services of the Writing Center as a resource on all types of written assignments.
- Where to get answers to any questions you might have now, or may have during the semester.
The Part-Time Faculty Orientation Guide contains general information of interest to part-time faculty.