Mission of the Carthage College Teaching Commons
The Teaching Commons supports the instrumental role of the faculty in establishing a vibrant intellectual culture essential to the mission of the College.
To this end, the Commons provides a coordinated set of activities informed by the interests of the individual faculty member, and of the larger community. The Commons provides a space in which faculty share ideas and expertise, reflect upon our vocation as teacher-scholars, and deepen our collective understanding of the intellectual growth of both student and teacher. The Commons strives to support faculty throughout their careers, recognizing that the needs and interests of individual teacher-scholars change over time.
- Dennis Munk, Director of the Teaching Commons, Hedberg Library 224, firstname.lastname@example.org, 262-551-2157
- Greg Baer, Coordinator of New Faculty Orientation, Associate Professor of Modern Languages, Lentz Hall 418A, email@example.com, 262-551-5707
- Chris Grugel, Instructional Services Supervisor, Hedberg Library, firstname.lastname@example.org, 262-552-5373
- Leslie Cameron, Professor of Psychological Science
- Brant Carlson, Assistant Professor of Physics and Astronomy
- Denise Cook-Snyder, Assistant Professor of Neuroscience
- Peter Denee, Associate Professor of Music
- Mark Mahoney, Associate Professor of Computer Science
- Patricia Rieman, Associate Professor of Education
- Carol Sabbar, Director of Library and Instructional Technology Services
- Aaron Trautwein, Professor of Mathematics
Location and Hours
The Teaching Commons Resource Center is located on the north end of the main floor of Hedberg Library in room 223 (formerly the Writing Center). The Resource Center is a available for all activities related to teaching and learning, and is furnished with seating for 12, a flat panel screen, and collections of books and materials available for use in the Center. Some items in the collection are available for check out.
The Resource Center can be reserved for group use by emailing email@example.com at least 48 hours before the requested time.
Contact The Teaching Commons with questions and suggestions: firstname.lastname@example.org