Ask yourself these 8 questions as you review the solicitation materials to help you determine if this funding opportunity is a good match for your project at this time:
1. When is the submission deadline?
2. Does the due date allow sufficient time to develop a competitive application?
3. Have you reviewed how this funding proposal fits within the Routing & Authorization Timeline?
4. Do you understand your responsibility within the Routing & Authorization Process?
5. Is there an earlier deadline for a letter of intent (LOI) or pre-proposal?
6. Do you need to complete any registrations prior to submission?
7. Are you eligible to serve as PI?
8. Is this a limited submission funding opportunity (i.e., a limited number of applications from the College allowed)? If so, contact the Office of Sponsored Programs to see if there are other potential Carthage applications.
Deconstructing Your Funding Opportunity Announcement
As you continue to review your funding solicitation you will continue to ask questions as a way to begin outlining your proposal. A successful proposal hinges on a variety of factors. You must match your idea and experience to an appropriate funding opportunity, paying careful attention to the funding agency’s funding, priorities, criteria, and guidelines. Take time and deconstruct your funding opportunity to determine if they are a good fit, this is an important step in developing a winning proposal. Download this simple guide to learn more.