CARTHAGE COLLEGE FACULTY MEETING MINUTES
November 1, 2007
Dean Piepenburg called the meeting to order at 11:49 a.m.
Harvard Stephens delivered the invocation.
Minutes of the October 4, 2007 meeting were approved as posted.
CONVERSATION WITH THE PRESIDENT - President Campbell
(August, December, February, May)
REPORTS OF COMMITTEES
Executive Committee - Christine Rener
Shared results of the faculty surveys handed out at October’s Division
- 78/100 faculty said they wanted the FEC to pursue some further action
- 8/100 faculty said no further action should be pursued
Based on faculty feedback the FEC is:
- Writing a letter to President Campbell in the hopes of receiving a
written response that addresses the concerns of the faculty. This response
would be shared with the entire faculty.
- Investigating a way to approach the Board of Trustees as well.
Dr. Rener also announced that President Campbell will be meeting with faculty
for “Conversation with the President” on Thursday, November 29 at 3:00 p.m. at
Starbucks in the Clausen Center.
Nominations - Faculty Reps to Board
The FEC nominated Tom Groleau and Dennis Munk.
Approved - Congratulations.
Curriculum Planning Committee - Tom Groleau
- Physics 105 approved as a Lab science.
- Aaron Trautwein introduced Hosea Mpogole to the faculty.
- Dennis Munk: Carthage Symposium Committee needs more CSym offerings for
Spring and Fall.
- Aaron Trautwein: United Way Goal was successfully fulfilled.
- Jane Livingston announced that the Chamber Music Series will begin
November 11 at 3:00 p.m.
The meeting adjourned at 12:04 p.m. - Yes, really!!