As part of NASA’s Systems Engineering Educational Discovery program, students go into area schools to talk about the experiments they conducted aboard NASA’s Weightless Wonder microgravity aircraft. The 2008 Carthage Microgravity Team participated in the following outreach activities:
- Carthage College Family Fun Night. Five team members spoke to Kenosha families about their experiences with the Reduced Gravity Program. The team performed demonstrations and shared video of the flight with attendees.
- Carthage College Board of Trustees Presentation. Five team members shared video and detailed their experience in Houston with the College Board of Trustees.
- Jack Hille Middle School classroom presentation. Students shared flight video and demonstrations with 40 seventh- and eight-graders in the school’s gifted program.
- American Association of Physics Teachers Annual Meeting. Two team members gave technical talks on SEED research at the AAPT meeting in Edmonton, Canada.
- Bradford High School. Team members gave a presentation on microgravity and NASA to a physics class.