A limited number of transfer students will be considered for admission to the clinical sequence of the Carthage BSN Program. Transfer students will be considered for admission if they meet the following minimum criteria:
- Meets all admission requirements of Carthage College
- Completion of nursing program application and interview with the Director of Nursing
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher at the time of application to the nursing major
- All college-level coursework must have a minimum grade of C. A C-minus or less is not acceptable in any course.
- Completion of the following courses with a grade of “C” or better:
Anatomy and Physiology I and II or equivalent
Introduction to Biology or equivalent
General Chemistry I and II or equivalent
Introduction to Psychology or equivalent
Introduction to Religion or equivalent
Developmental Psychology or equivalent
- No course may be repeated more than once. The most recent grade will be used in the calculation of the GPA.
- Admission dependent upon completion of the following courses with grade of “C” or better before beginning clinical sequence: COR 1100 and 1110 or equivalent
- Meets foreign language requirement
Students interested in transferring into the BSN Program at Carthage should be aware that, because of the College’s requirements, most students’ programs of study will be delayed by a year if some science courses are not completed prior to admission. We highly recommend that students have completed the following courses before applying for transfer into the program:
- Biology 1110 or an equivalent Introduction to Biology course
- Chemistry 1010 and 1020 or an equivalent two-course introductory sequence
The more general education courses that have been completed, the higher the likelihood that a student will be able to seamlessly transfer into the program and complete the degree in a timely manner.