A limited number of transfer students will be considered for admission to the clinical sequence of the Carthage BSN Program. Transfer students will be considered for admission if they meet the following minimum criteria:
- Meets all admission requirements of Carthage College.
- Completion of nursing program application.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher at the time of application to the nursing major.
- All college-level course work must have a minimum grade of C. A C-minus or less is not acceptable in any course.
- Completion of the following courses with a grade of “C” or better prior to beginning the clinical sequence:
BIO 2010 and 2020 (Human Anatomy and Physiology I and II or equivalent)
BIO 1110 (Molecules, Cells, and Organisms or equivalent)
CHM 1010 and 1020 (General Chemistry I and II or equivalent)
REL 1000 (Understandings of Religion or equivalent)
PYC 2850 (Child and Adolescent Development or equivalent)
COR 1100 and 1110 (Western Heritage or equivalent)
- Able to meet foreign language requirement.
- No course may be repeated more than once. The most recent grade will be used in the calculation of the GPA.
- Nursing courses from other programs are NOT transferable into the nursing program at Carthage.
Students interested in transferring into the BSN Program at Carthage should be aware that, because of the College’s requirements, it is likely that most students’ programs of study will be delayed by a year if some of the science courses are not completed prior to admission. We highly recommend that students have completed the following courses, as a minimum, before applying for transfer into the program:
- Biology 1110 or an equivalent introduction to biology course
- Chemistry 1010 and 1020 or an equivalent two-course introductory sequence
The more general education courses that have been completed, the higher the likelihood that a student will be able to seamlessly transfer into the program and complete the degree in a timely manner.