Students who have enrolled at Carthage but have not been admitted to the BSN Program may apply for admission to the program upon satisfaction of the following criteria:
(All criteria must be met prior to beginning the clinical sequence.)
- Meet all admission requirements of Carthage College.
- Permission of the Director of Nursing to apply to the program.
- Completion of the nursing program application.
- Completion of an interview with a member of the nursing faculty.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher at the time of application to the nursing major.
- All college-level course work must have a minimum grade of C. A C-minus or less is not acceptable in any course.
- Completion of the following courses with a grade of “C” or better:
BIO 2010 and 2020 (Human Anatomy and Physiology I and II or equivalent)
BIO 1110 (Molecules, Cells, and Organisms or equivalent)
CHM 1010 and 1020 (General Chemistry I and II or equivalent)
REL 1000 Understandings of Religion or equivalent)
PYC 2850 (Child and Adolescent Develoment or equivalent)
COR 1100 and 1110 or equivalent
- Able to meet foreign language requirement.
- No course may be repeated more than once. The most recent grade will be used in the calculation of the GPA.