Raechel Bartel joined the Office of Communications in June 2017. She earned her bachelor’s degree in communication from the University of Wisconsin—Parkside. Before Carthage, she worked with Racine St. Catherine’s, Special Olympics Wisconsin, and the Kenosha News. Her career experience includes public relations, media relations, nonprofit development, marketing, and event management.
Raechel lives in Racine, Wisconsin, with her husband and two daughters.
B.A. — University of Wisconsin-Parkside
Main responsibilities at Carthage
- Manages The Bridge, the homepage for the Carthage community, edits all submissions to The Bridge, oversees the online Carthage calendar, and helps ensure that the Carthage website is accurate and engaging.
- Ensures that all campus activities are included in the online calendar and are shared with the appropriate office/department websites
- Prepares and email news round-ups to the campus community
- Assists in writing and editing the College’s email newsletters for alumni, parents and community members
- Assists with editing print collateral
Outside of her career, Raechel enjoys spending time with her loved ones and planning (and even hosting) events. She is a fan of vintage things, cooking, walks along Kenosha’s lakefront, and adventures that take her to new places.