Time: 7:30pm CST February 24, 2018
Location: Visual and Performing Arts Lab, H.F. Johnson Center for the Fine Arts
The Carthage Music Department presents “How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying” Feb. 23-25 in the Visual and Performing Arts Lab, located in the H.F. Johnson Center for the Fine Arts.
“How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying” is the story of J. Pierrepont Finch, a window washer in New York City, with big aspirations. He dreams of being a big shot executive but is unsure of how to reach this goal until he reads a book titled “How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying.” He enters the World Wide Wickets company in search of a job and attempts to make his way to the top using the book’s instructions. Along the way, he meets a cast of colorful characters who help and/or hinder him. Among them are J.B. Biggley, the company’s boisterous and proud president; his nephew, the lazy and arrogant Bud Frump; and the lovely secretary Rosemary Pilkington, who has romantic aspirations of her own. Will Finch rise to the top? Find out in this charming classic by Broadway legend Frank Loesser.
This Carthage production is directed by Prof. Thomas Novak and is accompanied by Melissa Cardamone.
Friday, Feb. 23 and Saturday, Feb. 24 — 7:30 p.m.
Sunday, Feb. 25 — 3 p.m.
Seniors (55+) $7
To purchase tickets, please visit www.carthage.edu/tickets 24/7 or call the Fine Arts Box Office 262-551-6661 Tuesday to Friday, noon to 5 p.m.
Carthage Faculty, Staff, and Student complimentary ticket(s) policy
- Carthage student and faculty/staff must present their Carthage ID cards and tickets are only available in-person at the Fine Arts Box office. For more details about complimentary tickets, please visit carthage.edu/box-office.
- Carthage students receive one (1) free ticket per event, not per night. If a student would like to see the event again, the student will pay at the student price.
- Carthage non-theatre Faculty/Staff receive two (2) free tickets per event, one for them and someone to join them. If a faculty/staff would like to see the event after using the two free tickets, then the ticket would be at the adult price. The events manager may release additional tickets if available at their discretion.
- Faculty and Students in the cast/crew for the show will receive comps per the standing departmental policy.
- Carthage students with declared majors or minors in Theatre, Music Theatre, and Dance may get a free single (1) rush tickets for themselves 10 minutes prior to curtain as long as tickets are available.