Education Department Master’s Theses
Please note: The following template and instructions are specific to writing your Master in Education thesis. The guidelines do not adhere completely to APA guidelines.
Writing Your Thesis
Please refer to the “Capstone Experience Planning and Writing Guide” for further information on how to write your Carthage College Master in Education thesis. This guide is available from the Department of Graduate and Professional Studies, Lentz Hall 415, 262-551-6300.
For further information on the Master in Education program at Carthage, please see the Department of Graduate and Professional Studies’ Master of Education webpage.
Creating a Properly Formatted Paper
Download a copy of the Word template created by Library and Information Services to help you format your Master in Education thesis using APA style and formatting. This template will allow you to input your own content into the form with the proper formatting already embedded. (Be sure to click the “Enable Editing” button at the top of the document to make edits.)
When using the above template,
- Remember to remove all the placeholder text and instructions in the template.
- Please omit sections that are not relevant to your paper or project in the template.
For assistance in creating citations and reference pages for your paper, please consult the Citing Sources webpage, created by the Carthage College librarians.
Hedberg Library subscribes to a program called EndNoteWeb. This program allows users to export citations, organize, remove and create a bibliography, works cited, or references page. There is a plug-in for Word in which you can automatically create citations and import them directly from EndNoteWeb to your Word document.
- To get started, go to myendnoteweb.com to create an account.
- Next, download the Word plug-in. Under the “Format” tab click “Cite While You Write Plug-in.”
- Please consult this document for further instructions on using EndNoteWeb with your Word document.
For assistance in research and creating citations, please contact the Library Information Desk to make an appointment with a librarian:
- Reserve a Librarian appointment
- Phone: 262-551-5950
- Email your help request: email@example.com.
For assistance in writing and formatting your paper, please contact the Brainard Writing Center
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 262-551-5755
Requesting Bound Copies of Finished Thesis
Hedberg Library will send your Education Department Master’s Thesis to be bound.
- You will need to fill out the “Master’s Thesis Binding Form.” (You may receive the form while completing your application for graduation paperwork from the Department of Graduate and Professional Studies Office (LH 415) or from the Registrar’s Office (LH 432), email@example.com).
- Bring the completed form and copies of the thesis to the library:
- One bound paper copy to be kept in Hedberg Library’s permanent, circulating collection.
- One electronic copy (pdf format) to be kept in the Staubitz Archives (please send the file to firstname.lastname@example.org).
- One bound paper copy to be given to the Education Department.
- Individual copies for advisers and thesis committee members will be bound upon request. The $11 binding fee per each copy will be billed to the Education Department.
- Personal copies requested by the student at $11.00 per copy (checks can be made out to Carthage College).
Give the library two paper copies of the thesis (no cost), plus however many personal copies you’d like (at $11/each), and send a pdf to email@example.com.
Bound copies return from the bindery in 4-8 weeks, depending on the bindery’s schedule. Students’ personal bound copies will be mailed to their home address, as indicated on the request form.