Carthage College contracts with Time Warner Cable/Charter Spectrum for cable television services on campus. All on-campus residents can receive over seventy cable television channels through this service.
What does this mean for you?
- Your TV will need a tuner that is able to tune cable TV (QAM) digital signals.
- You will need to “rescan” or “retune” your TV tuner to view the digital channels when you arrive on campus. Your TV’s Setup Menu should provide an option for this retuning.
- Depending on the tuner in your TV, you may see your cable channels on one of two different channel numbers:
- Time Warner Digital Cable Channel Lineup (By Channel Number)
- Time Warner Digital Cable Channel Lineup (By Channel Name)
Tuning Your TV for Digital Channels
- Most flat screen TVs manufacture in the last few years have the needed digital “QAM” tuner. Check your TV owner’s manual, or talk to the store where you purchased it to see if your TV has this type of tuner.
- If your TV remote control has a (.) or (-) button on it, it probably means that the TV has a QAM tuner because you need to use the (.) or (-) to tune to the digital channels.
- The majority of the following manufacturer’s televisions come equipped with a QAM tuner:
- The following manufacturers are known to produce televisions that do not come equipped with a QAM tuner:
If you have questions, please contact the Hedberg Library information Desk at email@example.com or 262-551-5950.