Within Adult Undergraduate Studies, we are dedicated to providing each student with exceptional service. Below, please find information and a variety of resources that might be useful during your time at Carthage.
AUS Term Calendar
In order to adequately prepare for your upcoming course, please review the term dates carefully. Each 7-week course should post pre-work and the syllabus two weeks prior to the start of the term.
The course catalog contains a variety of important academic information. Students will follow the degree requirements as listed under the academic school year in which they started Carthage College.
All Adult Undergraduate Studies are required to have an advising appointment once per year. Please review the advising section of the website carefully, and contact your advisor for more information or with questions:
- Advisor for all students except education: Carrie Hogan 262-551-6196
- Advisors for education students: Kathryn Lauer 262-945-9624 or Kathleen Barca 262-945-4990
Carthage is dedicated to making your learning experience as cost effective as possible. Financial aid is available on a year-round basis for part-time adult students. Please visit the Financial Aid portion of the website for more information. And above all else, please remember to submit your FAFSA every year!
The business office receives tuition payments and billing. Please note the following:
- Charges post roughly 7 days prior to a term
- Financial aid will be reflected as “pending,” until the course is near completion
- Books purchased through the bookstore using student ID card are reflected on your account
- Parking permits are provided by security at no charge, and are valid for three academic years
- Employee reimbursement typically requires a receipt from the Student Accounts staff
- Excess funding (refund) is available after disbursement
- More information can be found at the Student Accounts website
Carthage contracts with Barnes and Noble to provide textbooks for students. The Bookstore is located in the Campbell Student Union. For questions, please call (262) 551-5778 or email email@example.com
- Bookstore Hours; in effect when traditional classes are in session, special hours during holiday and summer periods
- Books should be available for sale two weeks prior to the start of the term
- Regarding textbook refunds: A full refund will be given in your original form of payment if textbooks are returned with a receipt during the first week of class. No refunds on textbooks without a receipt. Textbooks must be in original condition. Shipping and handling charges are not refundable.
- Sell back your textbook
The Brainard Writing Center is a free resource available to all members of the Carthage community. Whether you need help determining a topic, formulating a thesis statement, organizing your thoughts, or polishing your final draft, the Writing Center is here to help.
Library and Information Services
LIS provides services in the following areas:
- Passwords: for my.carthage.edu, eLearning, E-mail, and Carthage Network
- Printing: should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Software: antivirus and Microsoft Office available for free to Carthage students
- Technology: check out laptops, iPads, digital cameras, and video cameras from circulation desk
- Classroom Technology: learn how to connect your laptop or device to the projector
- Research: books, e-books, journals, interlibrary loans, and more!
- Assistance: 262-551-5950, albert.carthage.edu, or help.carthage.edu