Within Adult Undergraduate Studies, we are dedicated to providing each student with exceptional service. Students have full access to our state-of-the art facilities, including the library, fitness center, and dining facilities — all located within our gorgeous campus on the shores of Lake Michigan.
Additionally, adult students can take advantage of an array of collegiate events like speakers, sporting events, performances, art exhibits, and more. Below, please find information and a variety of resources that might be useful during your time at Carthage.
AUS Term Calendar
In order to adequately prepare for your upcoming course, please review the term dates carefully. Each 7-week course should post pre-work and the syllabus two weeks prior to the start of the term.
See the 2017-2018 AUS Term Calendar
All Adult Undergraduate Studies are required to have an advising appointment once per year. Please review the advising section of the website carefully, and contact your advisor for more information or with questions.
Advisor for all adult students: Karly Kattenbraker 262-551-6233
The course catalog contains a variety of important academic information. Students will follow the degree requirements as listed under the academic school year in which they started Carthage College.
Hedberg Library / Library and Information Services
Dedicated in 2002, Hedberg Library is home to Carthage’s Library and Information Services (LIS). Hedberg Library supports the educational program of the College by providing students with the resources, services, support, and inspirational space they need to pursue their course assignments and research. The library’s growing collection contains more than 600,000 unique resources. LIS provides services in the following areas:
- Passwords: For my.carthage.edu, eLearning, Carthage email, and Carthage network.
- Printing: Should be sent to email@example.com.
- Software: Antivirus and Microsoft Office available for free to Carthage students.
- Technology: Check out laptops, iPads, digital cameras, and video cameras from the circulation desk.
- Classroom Technology: Learn how to connect your laptop or device to the projector.
- Research: Books, e-books, journals, interlibrary loans, and more!
- Assistance: Call 262-551-5950, or email albert.carthage.edu, or help.carthage.edu
New Science Center
Carthage’s new Science Center opened in September 2015, offering new opportunities for innovative science education and furthering the College’s commitment to exceptional research opportunities for undergraduate students. The project included a major renovation of the 70,000-square-foot David A. Straz, Jr. Center for the Natural and Social Sciences, and a new 35,000-square-foot wing. The center offers 12 interdisciplinary laboratories, an outdoor classroom overlooking the lake, and new spaces dedicated to student-faculty research.
The College provides complimentary individual tutoring assistance to all students during the fall and spring terms.
The Brainard Writing Center, located on the main level of Hedberg Library, is a free resource available to all members of the Carthage community. Whether you need help determining a topic, formulating a thesis statement, organizing your thoughts, or polishing your final draft, the Writing Center is here to help.
Carthage contracts with Barnes and Noble to provide textbooks for students. The Bookstore is located in the Campbell Student Union. For questions, please call 262-551-5778 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bookstore Hours; in effect when traditional classes are in session, special hours during holiday and summer periods.
- Books should be available for sale two weeks prior to the start of the term.
- Regarding textbook refunds: A full refund will be given in your original form of payment if textbooks are returned with a receipt during the first week of class. No refunds on textbooks without a receipt. Textbooks must be in original condition. Shipping and handling charges are not refundable.
- Sell back your textbook
The Office of Student Accounts receives tuition payments and billing. Please note the following:
- Charges post roughly 7 days prior to a term.
- Financial aid will be reflected as “pending,” until the course is near completion.
- Books purchased through the bookstore using student ID card are reflected on your account.
- Parking permits are provided by Campus Security at no charge, and are valid for three academic years.
- Employee reimbursement typically requires a receipt from the Student Accounts staff.
- Excess funding (refund) is available after disbursement.
- More information can be found at the Student Accounts website.
Adult Undergraduate Studies students and their families have full access to Career Services, located in Lentz Hall. The Career Services staff is available to assist you with updating résumés, providing counsel for job advancement, helping with a job search, and providing guidance with graduate school selection and application.
Students have access to PC and Macintosh computer labs located throughout campus. Students also have personal email addresses issued by the College, and can access the Internet anywhere on campus. Laptop computers are available for check-out from Hedberg Library.
Many offices offer evening hours by appointment. Whether you need to review your degree plan, purchase textbooks, discuss a billing question, or register for classes, you will find the Carthage staff available and willing to assist you at a time that fits your busy schedule.
Carthage is dedicated to making your learning experience as cost effective as possible. Financial aid is available on a year-round basis for part-time adult students. Please visit the Financial Aid portion of the website for more information. And above all else, please remember to submit your FAFSA every year!
Student Life Resources
Campus dining options include: Starbucks®, Sub Connection®, Einstein Bros.® bagels, Freshëns® smoothies and frozen yogurt, World of Wings®, Baja Fresh®, Seattle’s Best® coffee, the Dining Commons cafeteria, and the Red Zone convenience store.
The N. E. Tarble Athletic and Recreation Center, or the TARC, is a first-class fitness facility available free to all students, faculty, staff, and alumni. The TARC facility includes a 16-lane swimming pool, fitness center, rock climbing wall, running track, and basketball/multi-purpose courts.
Carthage offers many activities for families including sports camps, Friday Family Fun Nights in Hedberg Library, athletic events, and other special events throughout the year.