Created by Elizabeth Young, July 2014
Group: * CMS Resources
Blurb/Blurb Type: Dropdown menu blurbs
Image Size: 180 pixels wide by 162 pixels high
Image Library: * CMS Resources Group, should be titled “Call Out ___”
- Call outs must be approved in advance by Elizabeth Young
- Do not add new call outs for About or Giving drop-downs
- Use Live/Hidden to turn blurbs on and off
To create a new call out:
- Work in Group * CMS Resources
- In Blurb Type “Dropdown menu blurbs”, click “Add a new blurb”
- Blurb Title: This is the headline for your blurb and will show up on the website; please choose wisely
Good: “J-Term at Carthage.” Bad: “J-Term Blurb” or “J-Term Call Out”
- Blurb Body: Write a short sentence and add “Read more” (capital “R”, lowercase “m”, no period) with link to desired landing page
- Insert image in the normal way. Image must be properly sized. In HTML code, link image to landing page
- Mark your call out “Live”
- Assign your call out to a specific drop-down menu using a tag: About, Academics, Admissions, Research, Student Life
- Set an expiration date for time-specific call outs
Important: Check your new Call Out on the website
- Does the image look good?
- Does “Read more” link to the right place?
- Does the image link to the right place?