Top Navigation Call Outs
Group: * CMS Resources
Blurb/Blurb Type: “Dropdown menu blurbs”
Image Size: 180 pixels wide by 162 pixels high
Image Library: * CMS Resources Group, should be titled “Call Out ___”
- Call outs must be approved in advance by Elizabeth Young
- Do not add new call outs for About or Giving drop-downs
- Use Live/Hidden to turn blurbs on and off
Image Library: Images tagged “Hero”
Image Size: 1400 pixels wide by 755 pixels high
Image Title: “Homepage Hero __” filling in number to set order of display
Slideshow Headline: Image caption
Slideshow Caption: Image credit
- Any changes to the Homepage Hero must be approved in advance by Elizabeth Young
- Use “Hero” tag to turn slides on and off
Student Voices Testimonial on Homepage
Profile Widget: Pulls in starred Student Voices in Homepage Group
Background Image Size: 1400 pixels wide by 561 pixels high
To Change Background Image: Has to be changed at template level; work with web developer
- Quotes used in this feature must be approved in advance by Elizabeth Young
Banner Image Different From Rest of Group
If you want a page within a group to have a different banner image than the rest of the pages in that group, follow these steps.
- Select a photo for the new, different banner.
- Photo should be sized to 1400px wide by 500 px high.
- Upload the photo into LiveWhale. Tag photo “Banner” and in keywords, use the page path: “/modern-languages/chinese/faculty, /modern-languages/chinese/courses,” separated by commas, not including trailing slash. Save image.
- Any page that is specified in the keywords of an image tagged “Banner” will pull in that banner image. Otherwise, the page will pull in an image tagged both “Banner” and “Default Banner.”
Spotlight Detail Stories
- Create a new page in the Spotlight Group and lay out story. Change text in the red boxes (for “Faculty Spotlight” part, you may just need to click in box and then edit code).
- For story, Headline is <h2>, Byline should be in <p><em>. Start story with <p class=”intro”>.
- Photo Banner should be sized to 1400px wide by 500 px high.
- Upload Photo Banner to Spotlight Group’s Image Library. * Important: Banner Image must be tagged with the PAGE TITLE. (Example: “Deliverer of the Games”).
- Refresh page to make sure banner shows up.
- Once page is ready to be live and featured, create a news story in the Spotlight Group.
- The headline of your story will be the headline of your spotlight. “A Carthage Christmas”
- The summary of your story will be the intro text of your spotlight. “Get your tickets now …”
- Use story link to take people to /spotlight/… page
- Source will be the subhead on the homepage. “The Wondrous Gift”
- Tag story “Spotlight” and star it. Use balloons to make it show up on homepage.
Spotlights must be approved in advance by Elizabeth Young.