Welcome to The Bridge, Carthage College’s center for campus news and announcements. This website is your bridge to My.Carthage.edu — and your bridge to everything you need to know about what’s happening on campus.
Look to The Bridge for …
- Announcements about upcoming events, like concerts, lectures, and plays
- News stories about Carthage students, faculty, and staff
- Notices about campus services
- Fast log-in to My.Carthage and eLearning
- Quick links to the Library, Writing Center, and other campus resources
- Conversations happening on Carthage social media
Basically, The Bridge is here to keep you connected to all things Carthage — all the things that matter to you as a part of the Carthage community.
How to access The Bridge
There are three ways:
1. Go to www.carthage.edu from anywhere on campus.
When you are on campus and you visit the Carthage homepage, you will be automatically redirected to The Bridge, the campus homepage.
2. Visit www.carthage.edu/bridge from anywhere, anytime.
Or, just click on “The Bridge” from the top menu on the Carthage website.
3. Read The Bridge roundup emails.
Sick of receiving 80 emails a day about Carthage stuff? Now you will receive just three emails a week. An email from The Bridge will be sent to all Carthage faculty, staff, and students with carthage.edu email addresses, every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday during the school year; and every Wednesday during the summer months and breaks. The Bridge Roundup will contain a summary of the most recent Bridge stories in one easy read, leaving you informed and your inbox a little leaner.
How to contribute to The Bridge
All Carthage students, faculty, and staff have the ability to publish stories and events to The Bridge.
1. Go to The Bridge website at www.carthage.edu/bridge.
2. To publish a news story or event, click the “Share My News” button in the middle of The Bridge homepage. You can choose between submitting a news story or an event (or do both!). Then just log in with your Carthage user name and password, and complete the form. Your story or event will be posted to The Bridge. News stories are included in The Bridge email. Events are posted to the main Carthage calendar. Events are not included in the Bridge email.
Every story and event submitted to The Bridge by Carthage faculty and staff will be posted immediately, without editing. So please be sure your story is ready for publication when you submit it.
All stories and events submitted by students will be published immediately upon approval by the Office of Student Life (usually within 24 hours). Any for-profit solicitations or stories with indecent language will be removed.
Content submitted to The Bridge may be edited for publication elsewhere on the Carthage website, in upcoming issues of the Carthaginian, and in other publications.
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page to learn more about The Bridge.
Can’t find what you need?
Tell us so we can fix it. The Carthage website has a lot of information on it, and sometimes you might get lost. We’ve worked hard to add navigation features to The Bridge that let members of the Carthage community find what they’re looking for, fast. If you have a comment or suggestion for something to add to The Bridge (such as a link to a campus office or feature), please send an email to Elizabeth Young at firstname.lastname@example.org