Explore Our Programs
Adult Undergraduate Studies
- Earn a bachelor’s degree in accounting, management, marketing, criminal justice, or elementary education.
- Attend class one night a week.
- Classes last seven weeks.
- Start anytime.
Professional Development courses are offered in the following areas:
- Certified Management Accountant Program
- Paralegal Program
- Enrichment and Continuing Education for Teachers
- Summer Language Seminars
- Earn a respected degree or credential from a reputable, nationally ranked, tier one liberal arts institution.
- We have experience providing quality education for adults for more than 50 years. Each year, more than 800 adults enroll in rigorous degree and certificate programs that enhance their personal and professional lives.
- You will have a plan. At the time of admission, you will work closely with a dedicated advisor to review when courses are offered, the recommended sequence of courses, and your path to graduation. We understand that sometimes life events interfere with your plan, so don’t worry; there is flexibility built into the plan to get you back on track to completion.
- Start any time. Carthage offers a year-round academic calendar (fall, winter, spring, summer terms). Students can begin classes at seven entry points each year.
- Our accelerated formats and evening and weekend schedules provide flexibility for busy adults, professionals, and returning students. Take classes at your own pace or year-round.
- You will learn in small, personalized classes taught by expert faculty, many of whom also teach full-time in the traditional program during the day.
- You will have a traditional college experience. You have full access to our state-of-the-art facilities, including the library, fitness center, and dining facilities – all located within our gorgeous campus on the shores of Lake Michigan. Additionally, adult students can take advantage of an array of collegiate events like speakers, sporting events, performances, art exhibits, and more!
- You will be supported at every step of your education. Carthage provides complimentary individual tutoring assistance to all students during the fall and spring terms. Additionally, adult students are encouraged to utilize the resources found within the Writing Center, which has evening hours for adult students.
Invest in Your Future
In 2012, young adults with a bachelor’s degree earned 57% more ($16,900) per year than those with a high school diploma, and 32% more ($10,200) per year than those with an associate’s degree. In 2012, young adults with a master’s degree earned 27% more ($12,700) per year than those with a bachelor’s degree. These figures, over a career, amount to a staggering amount of money.
Click on a photo above to see larger